Use the Comm32 ocx to quickly add Serial Communications capabilities to your applications.
Comm32 is compatible with MSComm in that it uses the same property names, methods and syntax which means that you can quickly add Comm32 to a VB6 project in place of MSComm32 without needing to change any of your code or learn any new syntax. (also works for other languages with minor syntax changes.)
But why not use Microsoft’s MSComm32 component ?
Anyone who has used MSCom for even a short length of time will have identified a number of shortcomings – For example. MSCom only supports comports 1 to 16.
But serious developers will eventually notice other, more problematic, ‘features’ where applications become unresponsive or appear to ‘freeze’ for extended periods (or forever !) as well as unexplained data loss etc.
In a many cases we’ve expanded the range of a property. For example buffer sizes with MSComm are all limited to 32k. In fact if you understand com ports you may not want larger buffers anyway – but you’re the developer and if you want to stack a huge file into the transmit buffer and go away and do something productive while Comm32 transmits it all in the background then who are we to argue.
Comm32 gives you the options to do what you want without the limitations imposed by MSComm32
Try Comm32 Communications OCX
Purchase the full version for unlimited use
Latest posts by Axis Controls Ltd (see all)
You may also be interested in:
- SComm32 (v9) Communications OCX Use SComm to quickly add Serial Communications capabilities to your development projects. SComm32.ocx is often used as a direct […]
- SComm32 Communications OCX Use SComm to quickly add Serial Communications capabilities to your development projects. SComm32.ocx is often used as a direct […]
- SComm64 (v10) Communications Component (DLL) Use SComm64 DLL to quickly add Serial Communications capabilities to your .Net applications. SComm64 is a .Net component which, as the […]
- WebPage2Image ActiveX Capture any web page to image with the WebPage2Image ActiveX component. Its very easy to use. Just add to your project and call the […]
- LED ActiveX Control Source Code C++ Source Code for the Northeast Data Corp. LED ActiveX Control. This code was developed using the Microsoft Visual C++ 6.0 compiler and […]
- Comm32/64 Use Comm64 DLL to quickly add Serial Communications capabilities to your .Net applications. Comm64 is a .Net component which, as the name […]
- EasyCom The EasyCom ActiveX control is a communication component. It is intended for VB and VC++ developers to easily add communication […]
- Visual Basic 6 AeroSuite Controls + Fully Source code Visual Basic 6 AeroSuite Controls + Source code is a versatile, easy-to-use and customizes to give you the ability to quickly create […]
- Edraw Office Viewer Component Full Version Edraw Office Viewer Component contains a standard ActiveX control that acts as an ActiveX document container for hosting Office documents […]
- Print Preview ActiveX Print Preview ActiveX is a small, fast, easy to use and very reliable print preview ActiveX control for developers in VC, VB, VFP, Delphi, […]