This online course shows you step-by-step how to build and utilize an automated spread trading model using Microsoft Excel. The System captures the price difference between security pairs of any type — indexes, stocks, futures, options, LEAPs, etc. Spread returns are typically non-correlated with other investment and trading strategies, making the model an excellent addition to an overall asset management strategy. The System uses three proven technical indicators–exponential moving averages, Percentage Price Oscillator (PPO), and Donchian Channels, to filter and capture situations where spread movement (and hence risk-adjusted profits) are likely to be greatest. Also presented are three real-world spread strategies, including Swiss Franc – Japanese Yen futures spreads, Nasdaq Composite – S&P 500 E-Mini spreads, and 10-Year vs. 5-Year U.S. Treasury Note spreads. The System is optimized for use with daily or hourly data, but can be used on virtually any time interval. Data can be imported into the model with a DDE data link available from most market data providers. You are shown how to build a data “hub” with a DDE link, or run the model with free .csv data files available from Yahoo! Finance or another source. Also included is a complete backtesting model — simply import historical data and see statistical and graphical results for your chosen spread strategy.
What You Get With Each Course: A Tremendous 3-in-1 Value!
-A complete step-by-step course PLUS VBA Code and FAQs sections -Detailed instructions on importing prices using eSignal QLink and Yahoo!Finance -A pre-built Backtesting Model in MS Excel with graphs and trade statistics for your historical analysis
Purchase the full version for unlimited use
Latest posts by Financial-edu.com (see all)
You may also be interested in:
- Build an Automated Stock Trading System in Excel This online course shows you step-by-step how to build a sophisticated automated stock trading model using Microsoft Excel. Microsoft's […]
- Build an Automated Sector Fund System in Excel This course walks you step-by-step through building a long term sector fund investment rotation model using Microsoft Excel. Microsoft's […]
- Charting the Major Forex Pairs Trading in the foreign exchange currency markets has recently exceeded $2 trillion a day and this figure is expected to double within the […]
- DownloaderXL Package Stock quotes downloading software for Microsoft Excel 2000, 2003, 2007, and 2010 (32-bit only). It downloads free historical end-of-day […]
- TraderXL Pro Package All-in-one investment solution for Microsoft Excel 2000, 2003, 2007, and 2010 (32-bit only): 165 technical analysis functions, historical […]
- Upgrade from AnalyzerXL to TraderXL Pro Package All-in-one investment solution for Microsoft Excel: 165 technical analysis functions, historical data downloads, real-time quotes, […]
- Upgrade from DownloaderXL to TraderXL Pro Package All-in-one investment solution for Microsoft Excel: 165 technical analysis functions, historical data downloads, real-time quotes, […]
- Learn to Build an Automated Trading System in Excel for Stocks, Forex and ETFs This course walks you step-by-step through building an end of day trading system in Excel that creates buy/sell signals for up to 100 […]
- Strategic Trading in Illiquid Markets This volume considers trading strategies in illiquid markets from three perspectives. The first chapter presents an innovative approach […]
- Eakain Scalper EA 2013 – 19 in one PRICE How does it work? You need just 5 minutes to setup. No more, no less. We set just the max risk, and nothing else. Due to the different […]